Monday, July 27, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Sometimes it may occur that you may hide those folders containing your "precious" files, and at the time when you need them..... BAM... u can't restore the hidden folder. Don't panic, its just the doing of USBWorm (Heap 41a).
W32.USB Worm or Heap41a attempts to periodically copy itself to removable drives and USB keys. The worm will attempt to create a hidden file Autorun.inf on the removeable drive and copy itself to the removeable drive as MicrosoftPowerPoint.exe. It will monitor internet brwser activities and display the following messages:
· “USE INTERNET EXPLORER YOU DOPE, I DNT HATE MOZILLA BUT USE IE OR ELSE…”
· “Orkut is BANNED you fool, The adminstrators didn’t write this program guess who did??”
And now, coming back to the solution to the “Hidden Folder problem”. Perform the following rituals.
1. Go to your Start menu, click on Run and open up your Registry Editor by typing "regedit" without the quotes and pressing OK.
2. Once there go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folde r\Hidden\SHOWALL
3. Delete the value CheckedValue. (Its type should be REG_SZ and data should be 2.)
4. Create a new DWORD value called CheckedValue (same as above, except that the type is REG_DWORD) by right clicking on the right pane->New->DWORD Value. Modify the value data to 1 (0x00000001).
This will help in restoring the hidden folders.