( For people who still have problem installing Daemon Tools, try installing Virtual Clone Drive. It seems Daemon Tools dont have support for beta editions.)
The next problem arose when I tried to install dotnet framework 1.1. When I tried doing that, the following error showed up.
If user click “OK’, the installation of .NET 1.1 will be cancelled, while clicking “CANCEL”
produces another error message similar to below:
cardbg.exe !a 9×8e
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1(Service Pack 1) has resolved the issue. However, Microsoft does not provide download to standalone .NET Framework 1.1 installer that integrated with SP1.
To fix this, we need to follow the following steps, which is called slipstreaming. We need to sliptstream .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 into .NET Framework 1.1 installer, so that both the .NET
Framework and the Service Pack can be installed at the same time.
Follow these steps:
1. Create a new folder named DotNet in C:\ drive. (The path i used was C:\DotNet )
2. Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package (dotnetfx.exe). Make
sure the setup file is saved as dotnetfx.exe.
3. Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-
X86.exe). Rename the file to dotnetfxsp1.exe.
4. Copy both installation files into the same directory (i.e. C:\DotNet),.
5. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
6. Change to the directory where the two installation files are stored, ie C:\DotNet.
7. Run the following commands one by one.
--> msiexec.exe /a c:\DotNet\netfx.msi /p c:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
Wait for the installer to disappear automatically.
Dotnet Framework 1.1 is successfully installed. :-)